We strive to develop lifelong, productive learners and maximize each student's potential with a curriculum that balances academic, social, and physical growth.
We all are responsible for the success of every child at Edison!
Attention: New website for online meal purchases and account management
Titan (family.titank12.com) will replace My School Bucks
Balances on student accounts were transferred to Titan effective July 1, 2016. Parents should have received email notification via the primary email address listed on the students’ account. Parents will need to create a new log-in at family.titank12.com. You will be able to put money on your children’s accounts, can view their balances/make payments and also view the status of their meal application. Free/Reduced Meal Applications will be done through Titan as well! Applications are now available and must be applied for each year if participating. Nutrition Services moved to online applications exclusively. If paper applications are needed, they are only be available in the Nutrition Services Office and must be filled out there.
Those with this mark ► have links
Yearbook Photo Request
- (3/15-17): Minimum Days due to Parent Conferences, 2:03 dismissal for 1st - 3rd; and 2:12 for 4th-5th grades
- (3/15): Chick-Fil-A Restaurant Fundraiser night 5 - 8 pm
- Spirit Week-Sports Day. Parent Conference Minimum Days 2:03 dismissal for 1st - 3rd; and 2:12 for 4th-5th grades
- Student Council Meeting 12:30
- ScreenAgers parent night (4th graders and up may attend with parent) at NHS - from 6 pm in Saxon Hall
- (3/16): Spirit Week-Character/Super Hero Day
- (3/17): Spirit Week-Wear Red and Green. Assembly 8:50. English for Families 9 -11 am
- (3/20): Book Fair Week
- (3/23): Matsumoto/Hendrickson Botanical Garden Field trip
- Family Library night/Ice Cream Social 6:30
- (3/31): Spring Jam. It is a Membership Dance for all students & parents (NHS Saxon Hall) from 6-8 pm
- Jog-a-thon Kick Off Assembly
- (4/15): Breakfast with the Bunny
English for Families
We offer families a FREE "English for Families" English as a Second Language class for parents and the community on Fridays from 9:00 am - 11:00 am at Edison.
This is taught by an adult school ESL teacher.
Please call the office for more information.
We are excited to be in the final phase of our Measure Y & Z Bond projects. We still have items to be finished up, but are thrilled to be back in our newly renovated campus. Here is an overview of the work that was completed:
- Fire Alarm Requirements
- New Classroom Ceilings & Lighting
- New Door & Window System
- Gutter Replacement of Portables
- Painting & Floor Replacement in Portables
- Replacement of Damaged Exterior Wood
- Handicap Access Requirements
- Sight Security Lighting
- Site Drainage Improvements
- Asphalt Replacement
- Concrete Replacement
- Irrigation Replacement at Buildings
- Front Fencing & Courtyard Seating
Thank you to Torrance Refining Company
for their generous donation to support our Science Lab
Congratulations to the students, teachers and families of Edison Elementary School! We were named as an Honor Roll School for 2014 by the Campaign for Business & Education Excellence (CBEE). After an extensive analysis of student data for every public school and district in California, Edison stood above the rest in getting our students to grade level proficiency and beyond. Each year, CBEE presents this award to individual schools and districts that have excelled in raising student achievement and closing achievement gaps.