Edison Elementary Mission Statement
We strive to develop lifelong, productive learners and maximize each student's
potential with a curriculum that balances academic, social, and physical growth.
We all are responsible for the success of every child at Edison!
- Be sure to visit our Summer Resources page for helpful links for summer reading programs and community activities!
- The PTA Nominating Committee has posted the proposed slate of executive board officers for the 2017-2018 Edison Elementary PTA. Visit the PTA page for more information on the PTA Board elections taking place September 8th!
Thursday, September 7, 2017: 1st Day of School - Welcome Back!!
Friday, September 8, 2017: PTA Board Elections at 9:15am
In cafeteria, immediately following morning assembly
Congratulations to the students, teachers and families of Edison Elementary School! We were named as an Honor Roll School for 2016 by Educational Results Partnership (ERP), and the Campaign for Business & Education Excellence (CBEE). After an extensive analysis of student data for every public school and district in California, Edison stood above the rest in getting our students to grade level proficiency and beyond. Each year, CBEE presents this award to individual schools and districts that have excelled in raising student achievement and closing achievement gaps.
We are excited to be in the final phase of our Measure Y & Z Bond projects. We still have items to be finished up, but are thrilled to be back in our newly renovated campus. Here is an overview of the work that was completed:
- Fire Alarm Requirements
- New Classroom Ceilings & Lighting
- New Door & Window System
- Gutter Replacement of Portables
- Painting & Floor Replacement in Portables
- Replacement of Damaged Exterior Wood
- Handicap Access Requirements
- Sight Security Lighting
- Site Drainage Improvements
- Asphalt Replacement
- Concrete Replacement
- Irrigation Replacement at Buildings
- Front Fencing & Courtyard Seating
For a complete listing of Bond Projects and Construction Updates visit: tusd.org/InformationNews/BondUpdates/ConstructionReports